Thread: virgin upgrades 2mb to 10mb

Downloads
    Uploads

Default virgin upgrades 2mb to 10mb

hey just wanted to scream about this virgin upgrades 2mb to 10mb FREE NOT.I received the letter about this in March 09 saying they was going to upgrade all 2mb for a fee of 2 pounds extra a month in April 09 great! I phone 150 speak to the help desk they informed me this was going to happen the first week in May 09 and it would be automatic, ok after the first week in may i done the Internet speed test everyday to see if i had my 10mb yet NOT (Speedtest link) Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    I phoned again and was informed that my area had now been upgraded April 7th and i should be receiving the 10mb? i was still on 2mb so phoned tech support they done some tests and then said your still on 2mb did you sign up for the upgrade online? i said wtf i was told this would be automatic and i should already have it. I went through the process of signing up for my upgrade that 2 others failed to mention to me after i completed this it just said congratulations your upgraded but we need to send you a new modem to handle these super-fast speeds and will take about 5 days... what a joke so far omg. I phoned back after 2 days just to check on the delivery status of my new modem. The person on the phone was quick to inform me that it has nothing to do with my modem and that there's a delay and will be 2-3 months before i will receive my upgrade because there are thousands to be upgraded and will take time that would take me up to June or July...So much for there lightning speed Internet service i was so psssdddd off i decided to pay extra 4 a month and got my 10mb instantly as i come of the phone done the check it was all done. What a joke of a service what a bunch of noobs they should have left it in the hands of telewest ntl i never had a single complaint with them in 10 years

So anyone waiting for this virgin 2-10mb upgrade get on the phone and start asking questions asap or you will have a long wait

You receive the letter in March and get the upgrade in April it then changes to June or July

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry

still waiting for this so i had to pay for the upgrade from 2MB-10MB so now this means I'm entitled to the free upgrade from 10MB-20MB as all users previously on 10MB got this upgrade or did they well I'm still waiting all Ive had from virgin is lots of promises and no action in-fact my bill has gone up because i get the paper bill 1.25 and they have now had the cheek to reduce my TV package i was getting TV choice on demand for 2 years and that just stopped suddenly so i phoned them up and they said i was on a free promotional trial i said what for 2 years then you just stop it they said 6 extra to get it back on!! virgin are taking the absolute piss out of there customers - bring back telewest or ntl never had any problems with them I'm even considering sky now virgin media suck

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

Virgin media sucks that's total rubbish! Well i have the 10MB package and its useless if you like gaming online in peek hours, what i mean is if i try to play a game from 4pm-12pm week days and or most of the weekend its laggy, for example in games like call of duty 5 in peek hours i rank near the bottom quite often and i can get the uav if I'm lucky.. Now when i play in off peek times during the week before 4pm or after 12 at night i rank 1st or second i get mostly head shots and can call out air strikes easy the game plays smoother and the graphics seem much sharper i can play to my maximum ability its great! So i phoned up virgin media with there super fast Internet fiber optic service with unlimited downloads (bs) so i complained about this issue with gaming and they said they are sorry but there is a cap limit during these hours there is nothing i can do about it! They do this so its fair for everyone (bs) so im thinking this is a restriction and is no way fiber optics at work here if we all had fiber optics run into our house we would have 0 lag and 0 ping no loss what so ever!! So how can we have fiber optic broadband? Virgin media are very misleading with there advertising my complaint is i pay for 10MB service 24 hours a day but i don't get that in any way shape or form! surely there should be a law against this misleading (bs) Conclusion: My game play dont seam much better than when i use to play unreal tournament on 56k dial up pmsl.
    So if your a hardcore gamer stay well away from virgin media (any package) they all have cap limits in peek hours ridiculous
    Glitching Playstation Home

Check out my youtube page for more glitches in playstation home
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HOMEKINGPS3

Thread Information