Thread: Paul Lyman - Break Through + Cut La Roc, 10 Rapid, D*Funk & Wrongstar Remixes(DBR002)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Paul Lyman - Break Through + Cut La Roc, 10 Rapid, D*Funk & Wrongstar Remixes(DBR002)

Paul Lyman - Break Through (Dusted Breaks Records/DBR002)

Today is the day we've been waiting for...DBR002 hits the shops, and we think you're going to like what we have on offer.

Our second release on Dusted Breaks sees the debut of Nottingham's multi deck meister Paul Lyman, with his infectious first release Break Through. Having much success with Blend, his hometown shindig which has become an institution over its duration, Paul has also turned his hand to producing - and we are in the fortunate position to be the driving force behind this track.

The powers that be are well behind Break Through, having scored a very impressive 4 out of 5 in Dj Magazine AND Mixmag (April editions), who hailed it as being 'the track that could always work'. Having tried and tested it in our own DJ sets both on the South Coast and the North West, who are we to argue - it gets the crowd rocking EVERY time. Break Through has its own unique but belting style which works in Breaks AND House sets alike. It's nothing short of a top shelf crowd pleaser, so we recommend you add this to your collection without delay.

And if that wasn't enough Break Through comes with a very impressive remix package from the big guns:

Cut La Roc Remix: Brighton's Breakbeat aficionado (and Guinness World Record holder for most decks spinning in the mix!) takes us on a soaring journey; a chunky and uplifting take on the original which would undoubtedly rock a huge PA system with ease and get the hands firmly up there.

10 Rapid Remix: 10 Rapid's trademark sound and alarming tweakage are not for the faint-hearted - but definitely make for some ill listening. This is a floor shaker and an ear bender all in one...truly amazing stuff that just begs to be cranked.

D*funk remix: D*Funk's take on Break Through pays homage to the original, keeping the barebones structure but with some added clout and grime to route the style firmly back to the breakbeat market.

Wrongstars Society Mix:
    The Wrongstars Society take the format and smash it up with a rock solid bass injection and a fresh breakbeat - whilst adding a hint of their own vocal talent to liven up proceedings and rinse out the track to its full extent.

This is available at the following sites

BEATPORT

TRACKITDOWN

JUNODOWNLOAD

DJDOWNLOAD

THIS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AT ITUNES VERY SOON

Downloads
    Uploads

DJ REACTIONS FOR PAUL LYMAN - BREAKTHROUGH & REMIXES

DJ MAG REVIEW – APRIL 2009 (WHOLE PACKAGE) - Another new label, this is what we like to see. The original from this Midlands dude is a well-worked whooshy, zippy powerdriver that comes with a big ol’ remix package. Cut La Roc incorporates a gated synth into the first part of his rerub that develops into a fizzy electro-trance monster – in a good way. 10 Rapid uses the same synth sound to kickstart a dark and long Teutonic beast that loses its way slightly in the middle, while D*Funk brings in steely percussion and a synapse-gnawing bass before lifting it towards peak-time funk. Finally, those wrong’uns The Wrongstars introduce some of their own MCing into their gurgly hardcore electro mix. Strong package.
    4/5……………………………………………….

MIXMAG REVIEW – APRIL 2009 (ORIGINAL MIX)
    Super decks-terity
    Having built a solid reputation as Nottingham’s multi-deck DJ wonder, Lyman has turned his mixing skills to production with the intent to ‘Break Through’ this year as a serious contender. Aimed squarely at keeping a crowd rolling, this minimalist tech-funk simpleton, with its skippy hi-hats and swinging bassline, will prove vital in any set as ‘the tune that always works……………4/5

DOPAMINE: 10 Rapid remix rocks!

ALI B: Like the 10 rapid mix!

STEW STREETLIFE – STREETLIFE DJ’S: 10 Rapid mix for me. Love it!

GENERAL MIDI: Original and 10 rapid mixes are dope! Will definitely play both at varying points. Keep em coming!

LEFT/RIGHT: Solid release! Lyman's original has a nice bounce to it that is guaranteed to destroy the clubs. Absolutely floored by the gritty 10 Rapid remix...exactly the type of rave action we're looking for. Cut La Rock brings a smooth and unified touch, D'Funk rocks the headbanging distortion, and Wrongstar Society finishes off the release with a murderous bassline. A must-have for Miami this year. Left/Right will be repping it!

PAUL BASSROCK: wow! there is something for everyone on this package! Had the bunch on loop for the past hour, really into the D Funk remix and the 10 Rapid Mix, wicked stuff, the 10 Rapid mix is the one I would go for in a club set :) You've got my support on all the mixes for radio shows though, I'll rotate

HEXADECIMAL: DFunk remix is defo my fave of this package, will try and give it a go at spectrum

BARRCODE: Solid release, with something for everyone, the D’Funk Remix is the one for me, it's got the bounce i look for.

MEPHISTO ODYSSEY (Groove Quest Records - San Francisco )
    Nice package here with really good mix's across the board. The Gold Medal for the Dancefloor Olympics goes to the 10 Rapid mix for us. This little slab of funky death will be the pinnacle of our Dj sets all through WMC Miami for sure!! Will Chart and support ***** 5 Stars on the Floor shaking rating

SONNY WHARTON - Been hammering the cut la roc mix everywhere - awesome mix!!!

ADAM GAINSBOROUGH (Menu Music) - Yet again, a very nice solid release. Stand out remixes for me would be wrongstars and 10 Rapid - will be supporting this for sure :) 4/5

JIMMY MOFO: its all about the original for me phat tune will defo be spinning in da clubs

BUTTER PARTY: Great stuff, particularly like the 10 Rapid remix, tough as hell!

JADELL: Really liked the Wrongstar Society remix; nice and play-outable...
    Cut La Roc's version is the the one I dig the most though - grooves along and unfolds nicely, like a story book with aural pictures...

SAM HELL: Nice release, have to go for the 10 Rapid remix.

OLI – FAR TOO LOUD: The 10 Rapid mix is my fave. Nice
    fat bass, I'm sure it will go off in a club!

KICKFLIP: 10 Rapid's remix is mental! Also Cut La Roc's
    mix is nice in a floaty end of night way and D*Funk's mix adds a good
    amount of stomp. Liked the Wrongstars mix as well

MIKE MC KENNA aka Discoscience, Osaka, Japan: orig mix is HUGE!! this is the kind of track I LOVE..if u get anything like this again, please let me remix it!

PEO ‘de Pitte’ HAGGSTROM (FlatOut Records): Cut La Roc mix and d’Funk stands out!

THE d'FUNK REMIX ALSO GOT PLAYED ON JAY CUNNING'S KISS FM SHOW

Downloads
    Uploads

yo this is going to be sweet i been checking out that jay cunnings shows think i might have heard some of these choons will check them out

Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers dude! Enjoy :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Big tune, Big remixes!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Out-Break View Post
    Big tune, Big remixes!!

Cheers Mosiff!!

Thread Information