Shoutcast test server is up and running test your streams here before you go live..
This is of course separate from our main live radio server this is just for djs to make sure they can broadcast successfully..
Note: these setting are different from the main server and remember to change them back for the main live server
1: INSTALL WINAMP.
2: INSTALL SHOUT CAST PLUG IN TO SAME DIRECTORY.
3: CLICK TOP LEFT CORNER ON WIN AMP TO REVEAL DROP DOWN MENU. (ON WIN AMP v.5 CLICK OPTIONS)
4: THEN GO TO VISUALIZATIONS /SELECT PLUG IN / DSP EFFECT .
5: THEN DOUBLE CLICK THE NULL SOFT SHOUT CAST SOURCE PLUG IN.
6: CLICK CONFIGURE.
7: FOLLOW THE DIAGRAMS INCLUDED IN THE ZIP FILE.(below see attached)
(JUST CHANGE RELEVANT INFORMATION TO SUIT YOUR GENRE AND DESCRIPTION All WAYS CHECK CURRENT IP AS THIS CHANGES FROM TIME TO TIME )
8: ASK ONE OF THE ADMIN TEAM FOR THE PASSWORD OR ANY QUESTIONS
Setup details for shoutcast plugin
Encoder settings:96k 44100 Stereo
(no need to kick on test server)
check your audio stream here
Listen to your stream live or listen here media player pop up
If you still have problems go over this check list
Instructions - Windows
1. Download Winamp by going to the Winamp site.
2. Download the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in for Winamp. The DSP plug-in is available here.
3. Once you have downloaded the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in, close Winamp if its already running and double-click the installer file that you downloaded in step 2 above, and follow the onscreen instructions to install.
4. Start Winamp and open Preferences (CTRL-P) and click on the DSP/effects subcategory under the Plug-ins tree. See below for example:
5. Once you have the SHOUTcast Radio DSP plug-in setup and properly configured, it will broadcast whatever is currently playing on Winamp on your internet radio station in real time!Please refer to the README that comes with the DSP installer for more instructions on how to use the SHOUTcast Radio DSP, including how you can chose whether to make your station public (i.e., list on the SHOUTcast Radio directory).
Instructions - Unix, Linux & MAC OSX
Not a Windows or Winamp user? Don't worry, we've got you covered! For our advanced users on Mac OS X, Linux and Unix, the UNIX/Linux version of the SHOUTcast Radio DSP permits input from a soundcard in addition to MP3 files on disk. Please refer to the example .conf file included with the archive for more information. Please note that this method of broadcasting is currently in beta and therefore unsupported. Please use at your own risk. Download the SHOUTcast Radio DSP for Unix/Linux/MAC OSX here.
Before you go live to the main server go over the full setup guide and video tutorial in the djs control panel.