Thread: K-MAG ISSUE 100 / JULY 2008 Knowledge Mag

Downloads
    Uploads

Default K-MAG ISSUE 100 / JULY 2008 Knowledge Mag

KMAG ISSUE 100 / JULY 2008 Knowledge Mag

Break out the champers, the cake and the candles – yes, all 100 of 'em – and order a job-lot of doggy bags. Kmag has officially reached a century of issues!

We remain as pleasantly surprised as anyone that what began as a free fanzine way back in the misty depths of December 1994 has blossomed – in tandem with our beloved drum & bass scene – into a globe-spanning companion for junglists of all ages. It's been a breathtaking ride, and we want to thank everybody who has ever worked for the magazine, advertised with us, or supported Knowledge over the years. You know who you are.

Where on earth has the time gone? We've seen the electrifying rise of jungle and the subsequent national press backlash; the transformation of muscular late-'90s techstep into smooth rollers and student-swallowing liquid funk; the jump-up revolution of 2003, and the vast multi-genre splintering that describes (inadequately) the huge array of d&b scenes and sounds that exist today. What happens next? Well, that's up to you… But the chances are you'll be reading about it in this magazine before long!

To celebrate hitting triple figures, we've prepared two very special features which we hope will raise smiles and cause heated debate in equal measure. Our Top 100 Drum & Bass Singles (as voted for by you, in your thousands!) and Top 100 Moments in Drum & Bass are a fantastic tribute to the many episodes of inspiration, artistry and barefaced cheek that have built our remarkable scene. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we do!

Of course, much like the music that we have charted over the years, Knowledge has had its ups and downs. But our love for drum & bass and for all the countless heroes who make this remarkable underground movement what it is (the DJs agonising over mixtapes; the producers seeing yet another 6am sunrise; the ravers refusing to leave dancefloors; the promoters flyposting every square inch of their home towns) has never wavered. It's been some journey – and for as long as drum & bass is around, our adventures will continue in fine style.

Lastly – and most importantly – it's hats off to you, the readers. Be you a devout subscriber, an occasional delver, a crafty newsagent browse-monkey or even a guilty hoarder of your housemate's dog-eared leftovers, we want to extend a heartfelt salute to every single one of you. From the very first issue to the action-packed extravaganza in your hand right now, the good ship Knowledge has only sailed because of your support.

Here's to you all, and to the next 100 issues.

Congratulations from the dubplates family its great to be featured in this 100th issue check us out on page 12

You can get July 100th special issue out now online + back issues kmag home page get in the knowledge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dubplates UK
    Some useful links

Dubplates DnB Hits Vol 1

4.99 2.99
    Save: 40% off