Thread: Rennie Pilgrem

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Rennie Pilgrem

Every genre has its DJs that embody everything about the music, they are the ambassadors. One the greatest ambassadors of Break Beat is Rennie Pilgrem. Back in 1989 he was coerced in to the scene by DJ Ellis Dee, playing a set at The Dungeons in Hackney, a year later he’d formed Rhythm Section and began his assault on the underground. Since then Rennie has well and truly made his mark on the scene and is believed by some to be a great cure for indigestion (sorry I couldn’t resist).

Rennie picks up where Lee Coomb’s left off on the last Perfecto Breaks compilation while chucking in a health dose of his own remixes; such as Timo’s "Help me" and Mara’s "Turning it on" (a beautiful track and my favourite off the CD). The sound is very much Break Funk, as this compilation reflects Rennie’s ability to blend breaks ‘n’ beats, funk, soul and house in a unique mix, fused together with CD mixing, digital editing (the lil’ cheat) and good old turntabilism.

As mentioned, although the CD is very much a breaks mix, the diversity of the breaks helps this CD appeal to more than just the heavy breaks fan and stops the CD from being a constant and unimaginative hum of samey beats.

If your’e familiar with Rennie’s style, then this CD wont surprise you but it will entertain you. It will open the eyes of the strictly breaks ‘n’ beats crowd and convert the not so sure to a breakier style of house.

Representing www.dubplates.co.uk Family

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    Every genre has its DJs that embody everything about the music, they are the ambassadors. One the greatest ambassadors of Break Beat is Rennie Pilgrem. Back in 1989 he was coerced in to the scene by DJ Ellis Dee, playing a set at The Dungeons in Hackney, a year later he’d formed Rhythm Section and began his assault on the underground. Since then Rennie has well and truly made his mark on the scene and is believed by some to be a great cure for indigestion (sorry I couldn’t resist).

Rennie picks up where Lee Coomb’s left off on the last Perfecto Breaks compilation while chucking in a health dose of his own remixes; such as Timo’s "Help me" and Mara’s "Turning it on" (a beautiful track and my favourite off the CD). The sound is very much Break Funk, as this compilation reflects Rennie’s ability to blend breaks ‘n’ beats, funk, soul and house in a unique mix, fused together with CD mixing, digital editing (the lil’ cheat) and good old turntabilism.

As mentioned, although the CD is very much a breaks mix, the diversity of the breaks helps this CD appeal to more than just the heavy breaks fan and stops the CD from being a constant and unimaginative hum of samey beats.

If your’e familiar with Rennie’s style, then this CD wont surprise you but it will entertain you. It will open the eyes of the strictly breaks ‘n’ beats crowd and convert the not so sure to a breakier style of house.
    true..i agree

Thread Information