10 Tips on Music Production Dubplates.co.uk
1. Do not work to loud high levels it can lead to ear strain and a not so “clean mix” It can also cause permanent hearing damage.
2. Listen to your finished music on different sound setups and make sure a good sound is on all setups. Not everyone has your studio setup.
3. Never over do it on your ears work for no more than a few hours at a time without a break. The ears become fatigued.
4. Use speaker stands and keep speakers around head height.
5. Listen to different genres of music to get a better idea of mix downs.
6. Be open to criticism if its constructive and keep that in mind.
7. Always use title tags and id tags on your mp3’s when promoting and posting on websites,
8. Important always backup all of your files.
9. Copyright all songs that you create, at all costs.
10. Don’t sign any contracts until having them checked by a solicitor.