Thread: COD Black Ops PS3 Network, Router and Firewall Problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default COD Black Ops PS3 Network, Router and Firewall Problems

Since the launch of cod black ops there have been so many issues with playing online! Most people are blaming it on firewall or router issues even networking ports need opening and forwarding if this is the case i will find the solution and post it up here. If you have any other issues with the game feel free to post it up in here.

Some of the most common. Host migration - Connection interrupted. Other issues inviting friends to your lobby or parties is almost impossible behind a router if the NAT is set to strict.
    Glitching Playstation Home

Check out my youtube page for more glitches in playstation home
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HOMEKINGPS3

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up COD Black Ops Party Invite System not working - Fixed

Do you have this problem too? This is a major fail for Activision but there not fully to blame, let me guess are you connected to a router? If so that's where you should be looking. I had this problem but managed to fix it today so this means now i can invite my friends to my lobby we can NOW play zombies with no problem.

Fix - What i had to do was enter the router menu on mine it was 192.168.1.1 put in the router user name and password then from the menu look for WAN set up
    First of all i did this set my ps3 IP address in the DMZ zone.

Default DMZ Server

Specifying a Default DMZ Server allows you to set up a computer or server that is available to anyone on the Internet for services that you haven't defined. There are security issues with doing this, so only do this if you're willing to risk open access. If you do not assign a Default DMZ Server, the router discards any incoming service requests which are undefined.

To assign a computer or server to be a DMZ server:

Click the Default DMZ Server check box.
    Type the IP address for that server.
    Click Apply.

I still could not invite friends to my lobby by doing this alone!

Next i had a look at the NAT filtering

NAT Filtering

This option determines how the router deals with inbound traffic. The Secured option provides a secured firewall to protect the PCs on LAN from attacks from the Internet, but it may cause some Internet games, point-to-point applications, or multimedia applications not to work. The Open option, on the other hand, provides a much less secured firewall, while it allows almost all Internet applications to work.

I set this option to open, this stops your router acting as a firewall! This basically allows your friends to get inside your network this does have some risks if you have PCs also on the network so make sure you have some firewall software to protect them as they will be exposed to the rest of the Internet too. I hope this helps you too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Black ops port forwarding

Black ops ports needed for forwarding This website will help you to set up your router.

If you know how to setup your router then just open these ports

Call of Duty - Black Ops

TCP PORTS - 3074, 27014-27050 UDP PORTS 3074, 3478-4380, 27000-27030

Read on if you have no idea how to port forward for your router

Port Forwarding Guides for Call of Duty - Black Ops
    Below you see a list of routers and firewalls. These are the devices that we have written support documents for. These documents provide step-by-step guides on how to setup port forwarding.

If you do not feel like figuring out how to forward ports manually, we have a simple software solution called PFConfig that can forward your ports for you automatically. We offer complete support for our product and will help you get your ports forwarded.

Our ultimate goal is to have a write up for every hardware router and firewall available and instructions for every application that Internet users have difficulty getting to work through their router or firewall so that you can do simple port forwarding. These guides are provided to help you, but we are in no way responsible for the state of your network. If you encounter any errors in our guides, please let us know by using our Comments page.

http://portforward.com/english/appli...k_Opsindex.htm

If you know how to setup your router then just open these ports

Call of Duty - Black Ops

TCP PORTS - 3074, 27014-27050 UDP PORTS 3074, 3478-4380, 27000-27030

TBH this is just taking the *&(*& should we really have to do all this to play a online game? NO and like i said i have never had to do this for any other game!

Read this what i got from the official website forum

Re: 'Connection Interrupted'

Posted: 21 hours ago
    Hi Guys,

We are aware of the issues that some people are having with losing connection and the transmission errors. We are working hard to get you people squared away. In the mean time, a lot of users have experienced great improvement in the quality of the games they played after opening the proper ports for Black Ops, and/or putting their PS3 in the DMZ of their router. While this is not a fix all thats going to solve everyones issues, it has worked for some people. If you havent already tried it, we recommend you do.

The proper ports for this game can be found at the following link. http://ow.ly/3760n.

Go here for help with forwarding them. http://ow.ly/3761D

Thread Information