Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mastering

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Mastering

Oi Oi Oi dubplates Fam !!!

all producers in the area , what kind of mastering process u use for tunes....Go to dedicated studios or do it yourselves ? Hardware or software ?
    Do you think it's important ?
    I think for vinyls , it is defo 'cause special.....

Well , if u have opinions....

Peace !

iFa
    Dubstep Tales dude !

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

i use home studio's software based but i get much better results in pro dedicated studios the engineer is most important to use the tools given i use t-racks at home

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb

good point about mastering for vinyl this should always be done at pro studios i believe if your serious about your music productions then pay the pro's you can never get the right compression and optimization at home

home studio 15.000 +
    pro studio 150.000 +

if your on a budget or just want the best you can get from home PC's or Mac's then try pro tools - waves - t-racks - izotope ozone 3 you can get some really good results its all about the engineers ear and having with the right tools for the job. Mastering is a art on its own so don't take it too lightly check some of these http://www.music123.com/Music-Master...tware.Music123

Downloads
    Uploads

Default hmmm

And if the ingineer have the one "ears".... but not all the hardware...?

How is it going ? can you tell me ?

lol

Well , that's my job....so i can tell you it does not depend on the hardware but on the ingineer's ears "and" on the hardware (or) software he can handle.... but if some think the contary... tell me...i'm curious !

ps : it depends too on the fact you want digital or analog mastering....

Peace !

iFa
    Dubstep Tales dude !

Downloads
    Uploads

some say analogue gives a much warmer and real sound over digital processors

Downloads
    Uploads

an engineer will first cut away all frequencys over 18.0 khz and everything under 20hz, only dogs and pets can hear this frequency´s.

first of all your mixdown needs to be good for a good mastering. if your mixdown sounds shitey the mastering will do also.

some tips:

reduce noise with noisefilters and mixdown wav lines for each instrument first mix your drums into 1 line / channel i mostly lay a compressor over them to give em more power and let them sound mutch warmer.

Bassline, if youre Bassline dont have the power u want it to have, give it a subbassline as well, u cant really hear it but u will feel it, if you have a friend with a good carsystem u will hear and feel what i mean. and give it an eq 60hz upto 100hz and take everything elses out. (dont crush your speakers)

for the mastering i use

waves plugins, i have the platinum bundle but u mostly only need the L3 limiter/ compressor for the mastering when your mixdown is good.

sometimes i also use a standalone plugin called t-racks 24 wich is also very easy to handle.

ez

mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Default yeah true true..q

me personally i like to master myself cause i know the vibe im going for then it's good to have fresh ears to master cause maybe they'll hear something i dont...

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tha808evangelist View Post
    me personally i like to master myself cause i know the vibe im going for then it's good to have fresh ears to master cause maybe they'll hear something i dont...
    This can be good but i would always like to be present while the final mix-down is happening but "fresh ears" will hear and tweak different parts of the song so you might no recognize much of the overall sound, but if the engineer is use to mixing down your genre of music they should do a much better job than you

Downloads
    Uploads

For professional mastering, where does everyone go to get it done?

I've tried to master my tracks myself but i can never master a track properly enough so that it sounds good on all speakers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

what you need to do before you master is get a good mixdown of the track, you should try and mixdown on some good studio monitor speakers once your happy with the mixdown then you can get it mastered online right here http://www.dubplates.co.uk/producers...mastering.html

Thread Information