Thread: Mavericks and Musicians Upgrade Be Warned

United Kingdom

Smile Mavericks and Musicians Upgrade Be Warned

The new Mavericks OS is causing so many issues with musical software read some of these notes

Our initial testing of the new Mac OS X Maverick [sic] has not revealed any problems with Reason 7.0.1, ReCycle 2.2 or the Balance audio interface. We are doing more in-depth testing as we speak and will release a more formal compatibility statement as soon as we are done.

… what is known so far is that all Steinberg software products (except for Cubase LE / AI / Elements 7.0.6) are affected by an issue with the CoreAudio2ASIO component when using audio hardware in class-compliant mode which may lead to dangerous digital noise. Some Steinberg hardware products need to be updated as well to ensure full compatibility with the new OS X version. We therefore recommend you not to upgrade to OS X 10.9 yet.

Ableton Live 8 and 9 are compatible via new betas. Live 8 and Live 9 stable currently are not recommended for Mavericks. If you’re on the beta list, though, beta updates (8.4.2 and 9.1) are available now. Those two betas are very stable, so oddly, beta Ableton users may feel free to jump for the new OS. Everyone else should wait.

Read the full article here and see if you really want to upgrade to Mavericks OSX

Can i help you with anything? PM me I'm always around to help out fellow dubplate members

U.K North London

Ive had issues with other programs not compatible with Mavericks so i decided to downgrade back to Mountain Lion. Downgrading from Mavericks to Mountain Lion is no simple task i found it so difficult and time consuming i guess ill have to put up with it for now.
    Dubplates UK
    Some useful links

Dubplates DnB Hits Vol 1

£4.99 £2.99
    Save: 40% off